Saturday, April 25, 2020

Then and now....God's plans!

For I know the plans I have for you,” says the Lord . “They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope. (Jeremiah 29:11 NLT)

The picture above popped up as a Facebook memory on today. On this day seven years ago, I was in the library at Phoenix Seminary writing my final paper before my graduation two weeks later. In the post above the picture, I shared my reason for going to seminary...OBEDIENCE. I didn't go in pursuit of a specific title, or position. I wasn't desiring to "become" something. I just wanted to please God with my obedience. That was my only motive then, and that is still my only motive now!

Then...
On this day seven years ago, I had no idea what God's plans were for me next. I didn't know a few months later He would send me on a short mission to Turkey. I didn't know after that, He would send me on a mission back to my hometown to live with and care for my mom for a year and a half until she passed away in 2015. I had no idea the year after that, He would send me on a mission to Abu Dhabi to live on an island where I would teach Arab-Muslim students for 3 years and have an experience with Him that would prepare me for where I am today...physically and spiritually!

The only thing I did know on this day seven years ago, was that I was where I was suppose to be at that moment. I knew God sent me there to study His word. I knew God had provided my needs during my season there. I knew God would reveal to me the plans He had for me next, and I knew I would obey...no matter what.

Now...
On this day seven years later, I am in a place I once again had no idea God would send me. But when He told me He was sending me here, again I obeyed. And I do know I am where I am suppose to be at this moment. Today God reminded me (through my journal entries and a messenger) that He has seen my obedience now just as He did then. As the facebook memory above says, still all I want "to be" is OBEDIENT!

As I wait for God to reveal to me what's next, I know I must continue to be obedient with my current assignments. I know He has great plans for me! For His Glory!

I AM HIS,
FAITH WALKER


1 comment: